Sunday, July 12, 2009

Time...



It's been one year since my hysterectomy and a little over a year since my last chemo. Time moves on whether you like it or not.


My relationship with time has been on again off again.

There are days where all I want to do is go back in time, to a time where cancer never invaded my universe.

I've wanted time to stop moving, enabling me to capture whatever moment of happiness I was enjoying at the time in a bottle that I never unsealed. Feeling free to enjoy everything and everyone around me and not falling victim to anymore hurt or despair.

I've wished that time would move forward, so that I could see for sure that everything would be okay and resume to my regularly scheduled program of a happy home, life, and family.

A year ago, my biggest concern was going outside for the world to see me without my scarf.

A week ago I wrapped up work on my first feature film.

Nine months ago I was writing about my bff and her new pregnancy.

A week ago we gathered to give her a beautiful shower and now we're on baby watch.

Six months ago, I couldn't/wouldn't allow myself to think past my next doctor's appointment.

Today, I'm planning vacations and holidays.

Today, I'm telling cancer...catch me if you can!!

Time is an interesting machine...










3 comments:

l'optimiste said...

and you are an interesting machine too! well done on the film. well done on beating cancer.

and thank you for being in my life. I am so glad we 'met'. I hope one day we will actually meet in the flesh...time will tell! ;o)

Dennis Pyritz, RN said...

Great Blog! I have added you to my blogroll, “Cancer Blog Links” with over 350 other cancer blogs at www.beingcancer.net, a cancer networking site featuring a cancer book club, guest blogs, cancer resources and more. Please stop by and visit. If you like the site, please consider adding Being Cancer to your blogroll.
Take care, Dennis

Glynis said...

Hey Girl. Who would have thought how much a life can change in a year, huh? But just think how much you've learned and who you've met that you may not have without the cancer tag. What a difference you have made in the lives of others, Kia, just because of your experience and your attitude. I've had the absolute pleasure of 'meeting' you and you have made me smile and be encouraged on more than one occasion! 3 Cheers for remission! Is that what they still call it? :) x