Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Ramblings and rants from an OVCA survivor...

I had the wonderful opportunity to get together with my some of my favorite women today, fellow OVCA survivors. I almost didn't make it, as procrastination has become a real enemy of mine. I've known about this lunch for weeks, yet without failure, I insist on waiting to the last minute to get ready. I'm glad I made it. Being in such good company makes this disease a lot easier to handle. We're all in various stages with our journey, which can be both good and bad. Good because there's always someone to draw strength or seek advice from. Bad because, you always wonder, am I next? Every ache and pain brings forth so many concerns that most people don't have. In addition to trying to get back to normal, us survivors spend a lot of time trying to outrun that big bad monster, "RECURRENCE". Recurrence means that you begin the fight all over again and whether it's with additional surgeries or treatment, you've got to be ready to fight the good fight.

I heard about the passing of two wonderful women today, I'm praying for the families of those women. I want their families to know that I won't stop speaking and screaming from the top of my lungs about this ridiculous disease that does not discriminate...

Let's get this health care situation right. Whatever your political preference, know that you or someone you love may find themselves in a position one day where their well being or survival could depend on what kind of coverage is offered to those who are under insured. Personally, I don't care if you raise my taxes...if it means that my neighbor will be okay, have at it! My major concern with the health care reform is that it is user friendly. Meaning, everyone will know how to access it and use it with out a 52 page map. If it's not user friendly, why bother?

2 comments:

Denise said...

You go, girl! :)

l'optimiste said...

I have the procrastination problem too - think it comes with chemo brain? ;o)

keep shouting Kia - everyone deserves to be treated if they are ill. NOT just people with money...
x