Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Two steps forward, one step back...


Sometimes I have to re-read my own entries in order to snap myself back into reality and to help me remember my journey. The past month or so hasn't left me wanting to write much. It could be that with every ache and pain, hot flash, or shortness of breath is a reminder that my life is not the same. It could be that while the world around me keeps moving and laughing and enjoying life I'm looking on from the sidelines wishing I too could be worry free. It could be that during this month of OVCA awareness, I haven't stopped talking and trying to educate women to take control of their bodies and while talking I'm faced with the reality that this is my world. I'm speaking from experience, first hand experience. It could be that I know so many women all across the globe who are in the midst of the fight of their life and I can't help but wonder if I will one day be in their shoes. The list is endless, but you get the idea...

So today, I re-read a few of my entries and I got back a little of my mojo...I'm remembering my cause--I'm remembering my fight--I'm remembering my sisters--I'm remembering our spouses and families.

Please know that this is only a moment and this too shall pass. This blog is for revealing the good, bad, and indifferent. I'm a work in progress, but who of us isn't?

BTW-If anyone has a remedy for hot flashes, please let me know...that could be one of the reason's I'm so grumpy:)

4 comments:

Glynis said...

In through the nose...out through the mouth. Kia...it's okay to brood sometimes. It's funny how life is, huh? I'm thinking the one big generic lesson in all this is that we should never take breathing for granted. We never know what is around that dratted corner. Loving you, sister, and sharing with you in your misery about OC diagnosis but also sharing with you in the joy of yet another sunrise and sunset tomorrow. Let's count our blessings together. As for those dratted hot flashes...move to Canada. Just a minute...I still have a fan beside my bed and I go to bed with my remote control every night(and my husband!) Sigh. Okay...at least we aren't shelling out money for pads and tampons! Keep doing what you are doing to help raise awareness! :) x

l'optimiste said...

hehe - Glynis you made me laugh.

Kia we seem to have the same head on. I too know it will pass, but in the meantime it's like a toothache - everything and everyone seems far too happy and it makes my head ache. Or their situation seems so sad that it makes my heart ache. I seem to have lost my sang-froid.

I am trying hot flash rescue [see my blog post] as an experiment. I will update soon, but not too much progress [but that may be because I am such a grouch right now!]

Hang in there babe.
x

Daria said...

Hang in there Kia ... it is a difficult journey.

Sorry no advice on hot flashes.

nat said...

I also review old posts on my blog (oh how innocent and naive I was!) :). It reminds me how far I've (we've) come, and how much has been learned for better and worse.

One day at a time Kia - and try not to carry the weight of the world on your shoulders. Oh, and please pass along that miracle hot flash cure when you find it :/