Thursday, October 1, 2009

CANCERVERSARY--Thank you...

I still plan on giving this speech when I accept my first Emmy or Oscar, but I thought it was only fitting that I that I pay homage to this day with some important thank-you's.

Two years ago today, I was diagnosed with Ovarian Cancer. Two years ago today, my life was forever changed. Today, I am still here and blessed to be so.

Thank you to my wonderful hubby(Dan) who without him by my side this journey would have been a lot harder to navigate.

Thank you to the most wonderful parents in the world for being there every step of the way.

Thanks to all my friends & family, those near and far who have lifted me up and continued to lift me up in prayer.

THANK YOU to the wonderful team of Doctor's for making this journey a little less scary.

Thank you to the Ovarian Cancer Alliance for everything you do to make this diagnosis easier to understand.

And finally, it's without saying...I thank GOD for staying with me. There were times that I've question why, but at the end of the day I know there is a plan for me and it will revealed all in HIS time.

8 comments:

WhiteStone said...

Sometimes it seems weird that the most grateful people I know are those who have ovarian (and other) cancers. In know in my case, I'm right with you in being thankful that God has a plan for me. I don't know what that plan is, but I do know that whatever He plans, is for my good. And for His glory.

And hey! Congrats on your 2nd cancerversary. Fantastic!

Daria said...

Congrats on your second cancerversary!

What a nice way of celebrating by thanking everyone for their support.

Kia Taylor said...

Thanks you guys!!

l'optimiste said...

good for you - and thank YOU for being here for me, and for spreading the warning word to women like us, who have no idea of what might lie in store for them.

I wonder if we will still BLOG when we're old and grey?? ;o) Time will tell - I shall have a teal rinse when I'm 80
xxx

nat said...

I wish I had some type of gold statue to give you on this very momentous occasion! Like an Oscar or an Emmy or something... :)

Thank YOU Kia, for all you do getting the word out about ovarian cancer. Your service in that area is remarkable and appreciated!

Levi said...

My anniversary of surgery & leaving hospital was two years ago today. 10/6/09 I had uterine, 3C.

Happy anniversary as of Oct 1st. Two years is a great milestone and probably two more years than you thought you'd get two years ago.

Glynis said...

Cancerversary...great term, Kia. May I borrow it? I am thinking that your beautiful attitude has defined you as a beautiful person. We journey on in hope and gratitude. How encouraged I am to see and sense the love and support between 'sisters.' x

Kia Taylor said...

Thanks everyone!! Glynis-you can definitely borrow Cancerversary, it's pretty great huh?