Monday, February 1, 2010

Happy Blog-A-Versary to me!!

So this is my 100th post!! Happy blog-A-versary to me!!! I'm so not a diary/journal gal...what I loved most about keeping a diary as a kid was looking at and hiding the shiny gold key it came with...the key to my secret thoughts. Yet, without fail and after one or two half entries, that shiny gold key and the diary it belonged always became a distant memory. This pattern of start-stop-toss was something that I carried for years...so this my friends is my first successful diary experience and I'm ever so grateful for it!!

I named this blog---Journey-A letter 2 Ovarian Cancer, because I started off really angry. I wanted to give ovarian cancer a piece of my mind...I believe I've done just that and I'm sure I will continue to do that and more...yet a year and a half later my letter is a little different.

Dear Ovarian Cancer,

Life before you was AMAZING!! After you entered my world, I thought all was lost and I'm happy to report that life after you is still AMAZING!! Thank you for opening my eyes and making me more aware. Thank you for pushing me to keep moving, maybe a little slower at times...but still moving. Thank you for filling me with anger- anger that I turned into energy- energy that I used to kick your ass!! Thank you for giving me the gift of friends from all around the world and for allowing me to be a VOICE for this not so silent disease. Thank you for showing me that life does go on and it can be good. Thank you for the constant reminder that this too shall pass and that if I can overcome you, I can overcome anything!!! Thank you for teaching me about vanity and appreciating the BEAUTY of a bald head(wash-rub-go), you can't beat it!! Thank you for teaching me to live in the moment and to enjoy every day that we have with the people we love, as tomorrow is not promised.


P.S. I would say thank you for the hot flashes as they truly are fascinating and make having conversations oh so awkward but I'm just not that there yet:)...baby steps people, baby steps!

5 comments:

nat said...

Good letter Kia! Cancer really doesn't have to be the end of the world, does it?

As for the hot flashes - they really help keep me warm in the winter :)

WhiteStone said...

Glad you are feeling well!!! Definitely Glad! I agree that this has been an interesting journey...a God-given journey that has caused us to grow in so many ways! I'd still like the option of growing to be 90 years old, but I guess I'll leave that in God's hands...He's a lot wiser than I.

Bless you, Kia!

l'optimiste said...

haha - hot flashes...love 'em! NOT!

great letter, and one 'thank you' I can certaily say to this bitchy disease is that I met you [and you Nat!] and many other amazing and beautiful women because of it.

I am so happy you suceeded with this diary, or we may never have met. What a loss.

Happy Blog-A-Versary to you ;o)

Annabelle said...

I love your letter. SO true, who woulda thunk!

riddick41 said...

Beautiful letter Kia. In the distance I see Ovarian Cancer running for the hills. Keep winning the daily battles as we all pray and fight to win the war.
Your wisdom is a blessing for us all.
From, Uncle Bert.