Friday, December 7, 2007

Dear Cancer...


I've decided that you will not beat me. You are just a part of my journey. A small part of my journey. You will not consume me, I will go on living and appreciating all that life has to give. I was afraid of you in the beginning and I'll admit that sometimes, I still get a little flustered when I think of you and all that you have bestowed upon me. I'm normal and I will allow myself that moment, but it's just that...a moment.


My reflection in the mirror is different, but the woman I was and will continue to be is still there. No hair...okay. Weird feelings, joint pain, discolored fingernails...maybe. No matter what physical transformation's my body goes through...I'm still me. I'M STILL HERE!!!

1 comment:

Jordan B said...

Even though this post is from a few years ago, we've featured it as part of our article on writing letters to ones condition: http://community.wegohealth.com/profiles/blogs/writing-a-letter-to-cancer?xg_source=activity I love reading your posts, thank you for sharing with us.