Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Ovarian Cancer who???


When I first entered the room there wasn't an empty chair in sight. If I didn't know better, I would have thought that I had just stumbled upon the biggest sale of the year at Macy's. Once I was finally able to sit down, I made friends with the nicest women, she's battling stage 4 Ovarian Cancer and she's doing really well. She's on her second recurrance and just looking at her, you'd never be able to tell that she was on any form of chemo.


By the time I entered the lab to have my vitals taken, my blood pressure was sky high!! There is something about that office on check-up day that just doesn't sit well with me. I've tried meditating and the who's who of deep breathing activities, all to no avail. About an hour after I arrived for my check-up I was ushered to the back where my sheet and chilly table top awaited me. The nurse who ushered me in must have been new as she attempted to give my chart a quick once over whilst asking me questions, I'm guessing in an attempt to expedite the reading of the chart. "You're not on chemo are you?" I kindly told her nope, that was in my past and that's no longer a part of who I am. A few months ago, I would thought that was an omen...not this time. I simply corrected her and proceeded to get undressed.


The good doctor came in moments later, completed my exam, looked over my latest CA125 and announced that all was right with me and the world. You can't see me, but I'm doing the happy dance!! And that sound you hear, is a big sigh of RELIEF!!

4 comments:

test said...

a chilly table top?? eek! how horrid! we have a bed thingmy with a paper covered mattress affair...

but who cares? good result, I'm really pleased for you. You will hear MY sigh of relief from there next week! ;o)
x

Kia Taylor said...

Ha, ha!! I may have got a bit carried away with the story, the tables not chilly..I belive we have the same paper covered thingy...I think that's our version of universal healthcare:)

nat said...

Excellent news! I am so happy to hear it! ;)

Annabelle said...

I'm so happy to hear your good news! I get to do this for the first time next month too...