Sunday, January 24, 2010

RETRO BLOG #4-I'M A SURVIVOR!!

So this is the last entry before I put down the pen...little did I know just a few months later I would embark on a path of journaling and sharing my story with the world...I also find it fascinating how many different feelings and range of emotions we tackle on a day to day basis, sometimes all within a few minutes time as you can see by the entry below.


November 4, 2007

Went to the Dr. two days ago and the news was great. My CA125 is back to normal, Dr. Finkler said that this is a really good indicator of how great your survival rate will be. I'm so thankful for the news, however I'm morning the loss of my hair. It started to fall out the day I went to the doctor, I think by next week I'll be bald. As prepared as I am or thought I would be...it's still very disturbing. I don't feel pretty, that's pretty shallow but that's how I feel. I don't want to wallow but I have no other outlet. I just want to sleep and pretend that this isn't happening to me. I'm sad today, finding it hard to be optimistic. I know this will pass, but God it hurts. I don't want anyone to tell me it's gonna be okay, I know it will...just not today!


January 24, 2010

3 comments:

l'optimiste said...

excellent video! that's US! storming through the jungle [wouldn't ming their figures I must say!].

It IS amazing how much we go through in so short a time - I remember feeling the same about my hair. Like I was being shallow etc. because I would be bald. But it's not that, as we know. It's your identity being eaten alive by the situation.
But we're back! :o)

WhiteStone said...

If you are putting down your pen (leaving the blogging world???) I will be sorry to see you go. Reading your blog has been an encouragement to me! May God bless you every day as you go forward!!!!! Bless you, indeed!!!

Kia Taylor said...

Thanks Whitestone:) The blog will continue!! I was referencing my retro post, entries from the journal I started and stopped just as quickly after I was first diagnosed. I love blogging online, so much easier than writing with pen and paper:) And I've had the fortune of meeting so many wonderful people!!