Tuesday, January 19, 2010

RETRO BLOG(found some of my early thoughts)-DIAGNOSIS OVARIAN CANCER

In trying to get going and organized I came across a journal that I started when I was first diagnosed...I think I got three entries in before I dropped the pen and paper...again i was never good at keeping a journal:)

Here's the first one...


October 23, 2007

Diagnosed 22 days ago with Ovarian Cancer...I believe that was the worst day of my life. I have chemo again in exactly two weeks, it's hard not to dwell on that, especially when I'm feeling so good. I feel almost normal, what a blessing that is.

Side effects so far are a little insomnia, pain in legs, diarrhea and extreme hunger(probably from the steroids)....I really can't complain.

Dan is awesome, what a rock he is...I am so thankful for his presence in my life.

2 comments:

l'optimiste said...

wow - that must have been quite wierd. Makes me come over all goose flesh!

And here we still are yahoo! :o)
x

Kia Taylor said...

The other 2 or 3 are just as weird...great reminder of how far we've come:)