Sunday, March 22, 2009

Remembering Jade Goody...


British reality star Jade Goody passed away this morning. Jade battled Cervical Cancer with grace, up until the end. She leaves behind two young boys which I'm sure was harder than the disease itself. As we lose another women to gynecologic cancer, I urge and encourage all of you to take of your body. There are some illness' in life that can't be avoided no matter what we do, but the better shape your body is in the better prepared for the fight you will be. I hadn't heard of Jade until her battle with cervical cancer became public, but if there's one thing I can gather from what I've read...she lived hard, worked hard, and most importantly loved hard. Enough said.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, cancer is scary - and to think I am almost the same age as Jade Goody

nat said...

I'm glad that she brought awareness to the public eye.

Its sad that she went so quick - wasn't she diagnosed in August of 2008?

I hope for an end to all cancers in my lifetime.

Kia Taylor said...

Yep, I think it was last August...it's so important to get a regular pap, not sure if it would have helped her, but it does save a lot of lives!! I'm hoping for a cure too!!