Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!!!!!


I'm taking the day to reflect, for today is my 35th birthday!


I woke up today in a good place. I feel good...and I'm CANCER FREE!! Today as I reflect on my year and most importantly look ahead to my future, I remember all who have traveled along this road with me...


Here's a journal entry that I wrote last year on my online support group and as I've stated before...I wasn't very good at journaling, but I managed to capture last years birthday...amazing how far I've come!!


I turned 34 today. I am so very thankful that GOD has graced me with another year. That doesn't push away the feelings of sadness and despair that I felt periodically throughout the day. I had my second chemo treatment on Tuesday and it seems like it's taking me a bit longer to bounce back this time. I feel better than I did yesterday, but I'm still not 100%. My wonderful husband took me to breakfast where I proceeded to have a bit of a breakdown. For no reason at all, the tears came and I couldn't/ didn't want to stop them. It made me sad that I didn't feel good, that today was my b-day, that I have cancer and that I have to wear a scarf because I have no hair. Two minutes after my breakdown, a beautiful older woman and her husband approached me only to tell me how beautiful my scarf was and what a wonderful way I had tied it. I now call that lady my angel, God is always there to catch us before we fall.



xoxo


Kia

3 comments:

test said...

hey babe - this year is the first of LOTS of good years! but those days still come where you can't stop yourself from crying. sometimes it just seems a bit much. But I think that happens anyway? Sometimes people cry because a nail breaks - who's to say it's not a catastrophe in their eyes? So we are quite reasonable really! ;o)

loved the cake by the way - I think you should've posted us a bit!
x

nat said...

Happy belated birthday Kia!

As my dear friend always tells me, when I think things seem dark - Just take it one day - or one hour - or one second at a time! Getting through it is the only way to get out.

I am, as always, in full agreement with l'optimiste! ;)

Big big hug

nat said...

PS - isn't it GREAT getting older?!?!?! I used to dislike birthdays - now I revel in them!

I hope that you are milking your birthday for all that its worth :)