Friday, November 7, 2008

Words speak volumes!!

"The thought that leads to no action is not thought-it is dreaming"

This is a quote from the fortune cookie I had today. It was actually inside my husbands cookie, but once he read it...he immediately passed it along to me.(I believe that it still counts as "my" cookie and even if it doesn't I'm running with it) I've been struggling lately with trying to figure out what to do with the rest of my life. Which is I guess is why it ended up on my plate:)

The hard part about Ovarian Cancer is that there is a high recurrences rate. Simply put, it's one of those cancers that just doesn't get it. You use ton's and ton's of toxic chemical's and radical surgeries to beat it...yet more often than not it has this unique ability to find it's way back to you. So with that cloud ALWAYS hanging over your head, how do you move forward?

So in the meantime, during my little hiatus from being a functioning member of society, I've been dreaming. I think dreaming's great, after all without dreams how will you ever grow? The problem is what good are dreams if you're not going to take action. This is not a political website, but I feel like I must make mention of the major historical event that happened in our country this week...when Barack Obama was elected our 44th president. Political parties aside, what happened this week was a far away dream of many men and women. And what happened was a direct result of the actions taken everyday by these same men and women. It wasn't something that was thought of and then forgotten about. Things happen in life. Things happen that may distract you momentarily. What's important is that we remember that it is just that, a moment and although that moment may alter our plans...it should never keep us from moving forward.

2 comments:

nat said...

"and although that moment may alter our plans...it should never keep us from moving forward."

What a great phrase. I need to tattoo it on some part of me ;)

You always make me think, Kia!

test said...

"it should never keep us from moving forward" being the most important bit regarding OC. we can't let it stop us from doing anything - ideally, if we ignore it, it will go away. that's my plan anyway :o)

a tattoo? why not? [ouch!] but a doddle after everything we've been through! I might have a big 'AC' on my butt he heh
x