Friday, January 9, 2009

Kudo's to Kathy Bates and her Ovarian Cancer Mission...


It's hard to announce to your friends and family that you have cancer. I know for me it's still a hard thing to do. Every time I say it out loud it's confirmation that this is my life and that this is my journey. So I can only imagine how hard it would be if my life were in the spotlight.


Kathy Bates, while on a press junket for her new movie Revolutionary Road, has also been sharing her own personal journey with Ovarian Cancer. I am so happy that she has decided to share her story. We all try and do our part in spreading awareness, but unfortunately we're not celebrities. I'm confident that my outreach and story will eventually touch thousands of women, but that will take time. Kathy Bates will be able to reach the masses and reach them quickly.


We need star power, we need people to wake up and listen, we need people to know that Ovarian Cancer does not discriminate.


I'm attaching the link for an interview that Kathy Bates did on the Today Show, where she shares a little bit about her mission.


Kudos to Ms. Bates!!


P.S-Revolutionary Road looks awesome!!!


2 comments:

test said...

Kia, you don't have cancer - you HAD cancer. There's a world of difference babe :o)

Yeah, go Kathy, go!!
x

Anonymous said...

I had no idea that Kathy Bates had ovca, I'm so glad she has decided to come out with it. She is by far probably the most famous woman to have survived it (that we know of), the opportunity she has to raise awareness is tremendous.