Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Happy Anniversary!!


Tomorrow I celebrate my 2nd wedding anniversary. This has been the best, craziest, and most amazing two years of my life...cancer and all, I wouldn't trade a thing. I am where I am for a reason and that I will not question(at least not today)


My husband has never wavered from the commitment we made on October 22nd 2006. Who knew that "in sickness and in health" would take on such a literal meaning so early in our marriage. Cancer is not something that you sign up for. Being told that your wife has a life threatening illness and will never be able to carry a child is certainly not something you think you'll hear just a year after you say "I DO".



Unfortunately, these were the cards we were dealt, no option to fold, only to play out the hand and play out the hand we did!!Some relationships don't survive the normal wear and tear that a marriage endures, never mind an illness that consumes and invades almost every aspect of your life. I believe we've endured the hardest part of our relationship and we're still smiling, laughing, and grateful for each other!


Love you Sir!!

9 comments:

test said...

Happy wedding anniversary!! I am late but I hope it was brilliant, and wish you hundreds more to look forward to!
Congratulations to you both - next year will be better, and every year after that. We are so lucky to have strong men and strong marriages. I am grateful every day for Andrew, so I know exactly what you mean. :o)
Sx

Nish said...

Happy 2nd anniversary! and I also wish you both 2,000,000 more anniversaries to look forward to. Reading your blog has given me more optism in my outlook towards cancer since I have had 3 family members affected by it. God bless you mightily.

Nish said...

Happy 2nd anniversary! and I also wish you both 2,000,000 more anniversaries to look forward to. Reading your blog has given me more optism in my outlook towards cancer since I have had 3 family members affected by it. God bless you mightily.

Anonymous said...

Happy 2nd Anniversary! And many, many more!
I know the both of you will find a way to win you the "bad hand" you were dealt!
Tim "Fav Hub"

Zazzyzu said...

Happy Happy Kia and Dan! You are blessed!

Sophia said...

How on earth did I miss this post? CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR ANNIVESARY!! I love love, so I'm all teary eyed just reading this post!

nat said...

Oh - happy anniversary!! I think October is a great month for a wedding!

I really never expected illness to be an issue in our marriage either. I have seen other marriages fall apart with much less stress, and am so grateful for the commitment that we have so far had.

Enjoy every minute of every day Kia! Happy belated anniversary! (and what is my favorite husband doing commenting on blogs now ;) )

Glynis said...

Hi Kia. Sorry I didn't realize it was your anniversary. I sure hope it was a wonderful celebration for you both. Good girl for having such a great outlook. Isn't it funny how we say - even after having cancer - that "I wouldn't trade a thing..." It's an odd thing to say about cancer, but it is true. I totally agree when you say it happens for a reason. You are one brave cookie and so we soldier on to raise the flag of awareness about this nasty disease. Blessings and Hugs from Ontario! love Glynis

Kia Taylor said...

Thanks everyone!! Through all of this adversity I still know and believe that I am incredibly blessed!

xoxo

Kia