Thursday, October 9, 2008

In The Family...must see tv!!




I heard about this great movie that follows the story of a young woman from Chicago who decides to get the BRCA1 and BRCA2 gene test after a family history of both Breast and Ovarian Cancer. She tested positive. This is her story and the story of so many other woman, what do you do when faced with these circumstances?


PBS online if offering a free online stream of the video throughout the month of October, please visit their website or visit the attached link below. I haven't watched it yet, but I hear nothing but great things...enjoy!!

2 comments:

nat said...

Thanks! I had heard about this too, but hadn't seen it. I'll have some time pretty soon to watch!

Keep the good information flowing please. You never cease to amaze me!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this. This DOC is amazing. My gyn advised me to get genetic testing almost 3 years ago...I still have not done it. To know or not to know.... that's a tough one. I think for now...I rather not know. My Mom died at 39 years old of breast cancer - I am 38.