Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Oh, what a year!!!

A Prayer for Today--Joel Osteen
Father in heaven, thank You for watching over me and making a way even when there seems to be no way. I trust that You will never leave me nor forsake me. I bless Your name today and always. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

It was one year ago today that I heard those chilling words, words that I will never forget. You have Ovarian Cancer. A year ago my world was turned upside down, a year ago I sat immobilized and in a complete daze...not sure where this journey would lead me, but today is a new day. I woke up this morning feeling good, I had a great work out at the gym, made my own lunch and did a bit of volunteering for Senator Obama's campaign here in central Fl. My day may seem pretty mundane to many, but any day that I feel good is a blessing...I no longer take anything or anyone for granted.

I've met some amazing people this past year and I've had the most incredible team of people working to help save my life. It's true, I would have never thought in a million years that I would be writing a blog sharing my experience with cancer, but I am and I'm thankful that I'm here to do so.

Thank you to everyone near and far for your prayers and continuous support. Please continue to pray for me and for the family and friends of those who were not as fortunate.

Ovarian Cancer-Silent NO More!!

3 comments:

Zazzyzu said...

You are not the only one that is blessed...we are blessed just to know you.

test said...

oi Kia - you are now part of a team - a BIG part - and we are all thankful you are here to share too. there's never a day when I don't think of you babe Sx

Glynis said...

Hey Kia. It's 'drum-rollers' like you who keep us going and motivated. Good for you, girl. Let's raise this ovarian cancer from a whisper in the valley to a shout from the mountain top. Cancer is cancer - breast, ovarian or otherwise, as you say. Let's keep rallying the teal ranks though and find ways to inform, raise awareness, and ultimately do our part to help eradicate (all kinds of)cancer. Keep writing. Bless you,Kia.