Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Party Time!!

I know it's been a few days, I'm sorry about the delay...for those of you that read this like I use to watch soap opera's...I know that it can be very stressful when your show's been pre-empted:)

On Saturday I had my 35th birthday party!! Before you start shouting birthday wishes, my actual b-day isn't until November 12th. I had my party early to avoid the Thanksgiving rush. So I named my party, Kia's 35 and Alive party!! Although I never believed I wouldn't make it another year, I can't say that the thought didn't cross my mind. I'm also the same person who never thought they'd get cancer at the age of 33.

I'll write more about how I'm feeling about turning 35 on my actual birthday, for now I just wanted you to know that I haven't forgotten about you!! I'll also post pic's from my party as soon as I get some. We had about 50-60 people at our clubhouse, great food, drinks(lot's of drinks) swimming and KARAOKE!!! That was my favorite part...so much fun to see people let loose!

I am so thankful for wonderful friends and family. I thought I'd get through the day without crying, I should have know that was impossible. I had way to much time on my hands while listening to them sing happy birthday, I started thinking about how I may not have seen this birthday and the tears started flying:) The only good thing about crying was that I had already messed up my make-up singing Karaoke...yes another present from menopause...thank you menopause!

2 comments:

test said...

isn't it fun? you'll have to remember about the Karaoke on your 90th! hopefully by that time all our menopausal side effects will be long gone! ;o)

Anonymous said...

Hi Kia,

So glad Bob and I could come to your birthday party. We enjoyed meeting your parents, grandparents and friends. You looked so pretty. Celebrate again on Nov. 12th.
Jeanne and Bob