Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Good News!!


I had my long awaited 3 month check-up today and all is well..still kicking cancer's butt!! My next appointment is in March. I did pretty well with the whole nerves thing, that is until I approached the hospital...that huge "Cancer Institute" sign that you can see a mile away is pretty daunting:) No matter how long you've been at it, it's still hard to believe that you have any business what so ever in that building. It' s seriously one of those buildings that you drive by all the time, for most of your life even...without ever having to venture inside.


Before I reached the hospital I made peace with cancer. Actually, a few weeks back I decided that I was going to move forward with everything I wanted to do in life and deal with whatever comes my way when the time comes. The sense of peace it's given me is amazing!! Of course I have amazing people in my life who have played a huge role in my positive outlook. Those who lead by example, yet have no idea what a huge impact that has on those around them.


I'm thankful and grateful to be in such good company.


xoxo


6 comments:

nat said...

Yipppeeee! I have been checking your blog all day looking for this good news!

Now - you must go and celebrate :)

Anonymous said...

Great news, Kia. We are very happy to get your good report.
Bob and Jeanne

test said...

bloody marvellous news Kia! I am so pleased - I'm off for my 2nd check up in January; I booked my bloods the other day. And now I am not thinking about it until the day before! Nerves are terrible things sometimes. I have to drive past the crematorium on the way to the hospital - yuck! I do wish they'd move one or the other! ;o)

Also, you ARE one of the 'good company', and I am so pleased to have you there as one of my own very positive examples.

Yippee! I hope you had a bit of a celebration?
x

Patsy said...

Congratulations! I read your blog daily and appreciate so much your honesty.

Anonymous said...

Thats good to hear Kia....

From Dean

Shopping Kharma said...

Love your blog and your positive outlook! That will get you far and that's what is helping you now to kick that crazy monster's butt! I'm so happy for the great news! I was diagnosed at age 32 and now 6 years later, still kicking butt! Wishing you all the best!