Monday, December 22, 2008

When we remember those we've lost...

I "borrowed" this poem from the journal of a woman I met in chemo. I've talked about her in earlier post's, she lost her battle with Ovarian Cancer last April at the age of 39. She left behind a husband and two young boy's. I always look forward to their updates, as it's comforting to know that even with the loss of their loved one, they are doing well. Timing is everything as my mood, thoughts, and emotions have been all over the place. This poem has given me a sense of peace, I hope it does the same for you...

Merry Christmas From Heaven

I still hear the songs
I still see the lights
I still feel your love
On cold wintry nights
I still share your hopes
And all of your cares
I’ll even remind you
To please say your prayers
I just want to tell you
You still make me proud
You stand head and shoulders
Above all the crowd
Keep trying each moment
To stay in his grace
I came here before you
To help set your place
You don’t have to be
Perfect all of the time
He forgives you the slip
If you continue the climb
To my family and friends
Please be thankful today
I’m still close beside you
In a new special way
I love you all dearly
Now don’t shed a tear
Cause I’m spending my
Christmas with Jesus this year

2 comments:

nat said...

Sorry you are feeling so 'fragmented'. I often hear the term 'survivor guilt', and I think we all suffer that from time to time.

That is a lovely poem she wrote! I am sure that it brings her family great comfort.

Have a very merry Christmas Kia!

test said...

so sad the poem - and so beautiful. I was in tears as I read it - but not so sad...I think she meant it to be happy.

But this 'survivor guilt', I don't do it - I know it sounds hard, but I can't, or I'd be in tears every moment. I concentrate on everyone I know, willing them to be well - but then, I haven't yet met anyone who has died because of OC, so I have been lucky. So far.

Remember, we didn't do anything wrong by surviving - and the fact that we have helps others to do the same...especially you Kia. You are making amazing efforts to make other women aware - be proud of yourself. I am proud of you. :o)
xxx