Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Dirty rotten scoundrals...

If I didn't want my blog to remain PG-13 (the "13" is because I talk about ovaries and such) ,I would be lighting up the page with a few choice words that I only utter in private...

As I told you before I have a friend that is battling breast cancer, a single mother of 3. She's completed months and months of chemo and radiation all of which she worked through...dragging herself each and every day to the office when she should have been able to stay in bed and allow her body the chance to recuperate from the toxic poison's that were just dumped into her body.

She's at a point where the effects of the chemo have taken a toll on her body and she needs time off to get herself better. She has the documentation from her doctor to support her request for short term disability(which she pays into by the way), yet that isn't enough for her company.

How is it possible that we live in a country where it's possible to go from being able to pay your bills and keep a roof over your head on Tuesday, to not knowing where you're going to get your next meal from by Thursday...This is not just the story of my friend, it's the story of many...

When are we going to start holding these companies accountable for their actions and stop praising them for the great job they do cutting corners and utilizing loopholes to gain even more profits?

3 comments:

poodra said...

You are so right to express this anger and frustration. Anyone on the "inside" of this battle would surely know exactly of what you speak! Getting this out to the general community, and eventually into our culture is so important.
What of future generations if we don't acknowledge the importance of health care for ourselves?

Zazzyzu said...

You know I support this rant 150%! It is not right and I am so sorry for your friend.

Me said...

Could NOT have worded this better.....