Sunday, September 21, 2008

Teal Is The New Black...

Blogging is sooooooo freakin cool! I can't believe I stayed away from it as long as I did...why didn't someone let me know how much fun I've been missing? I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoy writing it. Through blogging we have the power to help, support, and encourage one another across oceans...

I've added a few things to my website that I want to make mention of. First, if you look to your right I've added a poll about how often you go to the doctor. As I've said before my mission is to increase awareness of Ovarian Cancer in addition to helping all woman become empowered when it comes to taking control of their health. The poll is simple, you only have 4 options...all I ask is that you be honest with me and most importantly honest with yourself.

I'll be the first one to admit that time can get away from me and it's okay. Sometimes we push things like visits to the doctor aside, especially when we're feeling good. So if you're someone who can't remember the last time you went to the doctor don't feel bad about it, take action. Hopefully my blog and poll will inspire you to make that dreaded appointment.

The second thing I'd like you to take notice of are the entries under my favorite websites(lower right side)...dailystrength is a online support group for everything under the sun. It was and still proves to be a valuable resource for me as I continue my journey. I've met a wonderful group of woman there...feel free to stop by...lurk...or hopefully join in, I promise you won't regret it. The other website is a PERSONAL favorite...Teal Is The New Black is a website I created to help me get my message out there. There's some great information on Ovarian Cancer, woman and minority health care issues and a message board/forum that I hope at some point will be rocking as much as facebook does...

You'll here a lot from me about teal, as I along with many other woman hope that one day it will be synonymous with Ovarian Cancer as pink is to breast cancer.

2 comments:

Zazzyzu said...

Wonderful post. xo-Zaz

test said...

good idea the Teal site - I am off to check it out now. That's a lovely photo, you look great!
Sx